Elderly Services Program
The Elderly Services Program (ESP) is a program offered (sometimes free of charge) by the Warren County Commissioners to county residents age 60 and older.
It is paid for largely by a county-wide property tax levy, funds from Title III of the Older Americans Act, and co-payments from clients who are able to contribute on a sliding scale to the cost of their care, depending on income.
The ESP is intended to expand care that may already be provided by family and friends, delaying or preventing nursing home placement. The goal of the Elderly Services Program (ESP) is to help residents remain safe and independent in their own homes.
Provided services include:
- Adult Day Services: Structured programs provide a secure, stimulating environment and respite for caregivers. Transportation may be available.
- Care Management: A professional care manager coordinates your services and monitors your care.
- Emergency Response System: 24-hour, in- home monitoring systems that provide safety and/or medication alerts.
- Environmental Services: Pest control, major housecleaning and waste removal.
- Home Care Assistance: A trained aide helps with housekeeping, personal care and other daily activities, and provides respite (time off) for the primary caregiver.
- Home Modifications and Repairs: Minor repairs and safety upgrades such as ramps, grab bars and dead-bolt locks.
- Independent Living Assistance: Help with benefit applications, and organizing personal and household records.
- Meals and Nutrition Counseling: Home- delivered meals and help understanding your special dietary needs.
- Medical Transportation: Transportation to medical appointments within Warren County and bordering counties.
Each client gets a care manager-advocate to answer questions, and make sure your needs are met. Your care is free of charge, or set at an affordable level depending on your income.
Read more about the program in the Warren County Elderly Services Program Annual Report.
http://www.help4seniors.org/about-coa/Reports-and-Data.aspx (scroll down to Warren County)
Our Program Partners are the
The Elderly Services Program has an advisory board made up of community volunteers appointed by the county commissioners. Advisory board meetings are open to the public. For a list of current advisory board members and meeting dates, click here. http://www.help4seniors.org/about-coa/leadership/Boards-and-Advisory-Councils.aspx - (scroll down to Warren County)
For more information call - 513-695-2271 or 513-695-1250