2016 Kennel License
Application Information & Instructions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Definition of a Kennel Owner:
A kennel owner is a person, partnership, firm, company, or corporation professionally engaged in
the business of breeding dogs for sale. (ORC 955.02)
- Ohio law requires that all kennels be licensed each year no later than January 31st. (ORC 955.05)
- The penalty for purchasing a license after January 31st is equal to the license fee.
- New kennel owners have 30 days to acquire a kennel license. After 30 days, a penalty is applied
to the licensing fee.
- The license fees are determined annually by the County Commissioners.
- Kennel License may be purchased at the Auditor's office ONLY.
- *Please check for local zoning restrictions in your city, township and neighborhood before applying. There could also be restrictive covenants attached to your property deed. It is not the responsibility of the Auditor's office or the Dog Warden to check to see if each applicant is restricted from having a kennel license at his or her address.
Warren County Kennel License Application
- Fill out your Application and Agreement of Understanding & Requirements completely.
- Report your phone number and the breeds kept within your kennel.
- Sign your registration and agreement.
- RETURN THIS APPLICATION with payment to the Auditor's office.
- Please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your registration and tags
(5-9 tags require 3 stamps, 10 or more tags require 4 stamps).
- Make checks payable to Warren County Auditor Matt Nolan.
- Send to: Warren County Auditor Matt Nolan, 406 Justice Dr., Lebanon, Ohio 45036
- Questions? Call us at 513-695-1240