Common Questions Asked about...
I just got a dog. What are the licensing requirements?
- All dogs over 3 months old must be licensed within 30 days of acquiring the dog.
Where can I get a dog license and how much does it cost?
- License fees are $15.00 for a 1 year round tag, $45.00 for a 3 year round tag, $20.00 for a 1 year bone shaped tag, $50.00 for a 3 year bone shaped tag, $150.00 for a permanent tag. The $20.00 and $50.00 fees include a $5.00 donation to the Humane Association of Warren County's Spay & Neuter Fund. Keep in mind it's an Ohio State Law that NONE of the dog tags are transferrable from dog to dog. You may purchase tags at the Auditor's Office, or
online at any of the 31 licensing agents throughout the county.The complete agent list is at
I just moved from another county in Ohio ...
- Warren County honors other Ohio county dog tags for the current year. Call the county where the tag was purchased and update the address and phone number. Next year purchase a Warren County dog license.
I just moved into Warren County from another state ...
- You have 30 days to purchase your new Warren County dog license.
Our dog passed away last month and we just got a new puppy. Can we use the same tag on our new puppy?
- No, Ohio Law requires a new tag to be purchased.
I bought a permanment dog tag for my dog and she died 2 years after I purchased it. Now I have a new dog can I put my permament tag on my new dog?
- No, Ohio State Law requires a new tag to be purhcased for every new dog.
I just bought a license last month and my dog died yesterday. Can I get a refund?
- No. Registrations / Dog Licenses are NOT REFUNDABLE.
How do I get a license for my "assistance" dog?
- Professionally trained assistance dogs can be licensed at the Auditor's Office. The License is free and permanent. (Proof of professional training is required.)
Do I need shot records or spay/neuter records to get a Warren County license?
- No. Just fill out the registration completely.
How can I get a Kennel License?
- A Kennel License can be purchased at the Auditor's Office only. You must be in the business of breeding dogs for sale. The cost is $75.00 (5 tags) + $1.00 for each additional tag.
Can a license be transferred to a new owner if I sell or give away my dog?
- You can transfer ownership at the Auditor's office. Fee is $5.00.
Why do cats not have to be licensed?
- Cats are not considered domesticated animals. There are no laws requiring that cats be