Temporary Financial Assistance

Emergency funds for food, housing and utilities may be provided to veterans and/or their dependants. The following is a list of required documents:

  • Discharge Paper
    Honorable, General, or General Under Honorable Conditions
  • Proof of Residency
    Rental or lease contract, mortgage statement, notarized statement of family member if living with family
  • Dependents
    Birth record/custody papers for minor children under the age of 18
  • Proof of Income for Last 30 Days
    Award letter from Social Security, VA, child support of pension fund; check stubs; statement from employer or issuing agency
  • Verification of Expenses for Last 30 Days
    Copies of bills paid or due; statement of account from business that was paid

Unemployed veterans are required to be actively seeking employment and will be required to register with the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services at One Stop. Applications for financial assistance are taken Monday-Friday 7 am to 4 pm. For more information contact the Veteran’s Service Office.