Warren County Building & Zoning Header

Residential Permits

Permits are required for all new 1, 2 and 3- family structures, additions. remodels, fire damages, decks, detached structures, electrical installations, swim pools (in and above ground), tents, fireplaces/wood burning stoves, demolitions, any structural changes, change of use, satellite dishes, and solar collectors.

When filling out a Building & Electrical Application, the following items are needed:

  • One (1) set of drawings showing cross-sections
  • Floor plans (including any changes/revisions)
  • Energy insulation information required by code
  • Septic approval (if applicable)
  • Plumbing Permit
  • Zoning permit
  • Plot plan
  • Water/sewer release
  • House number verification
  • Sidwell number
  • Completed Building Permit Application

For additions and/or remodels: If on septic system, check with the Combined Health District or EPA depending on the location, if there are bedrooms involved.

For swimming pools: The Zoning Application form needs to be competed, etc.

Septic approvals: Obtain from the Warren County Combined Health District, 416 S. East St., Lebanon, Ohio, 45036, 513-695-1249; or from the Ohio EPA, Permits Group, 40 S. Main St., Dayton, Ohio, 937-285-6357, depending on the location of the project.

House number verification: Please contact the Warren County Engineer, 105 Markey Rd., Lebanon, OH 45036, (513) 695-3336.

Water/Sewer Release: Obtain from the Warren County Water/Sewer Department, 406 Justice Dr., 1st floor, Lebanon, Ohio 45036, 513-695-1377, even if you will not be connected to County Water/Sewer lines.

Sidwell number: Obtain from the Warren County Engineer's Map Room, 406 Justice Dr., 2nd floor, Lebanon, Ohio 45036, 513- 695-1190. Each parcel in Warren County has a Sidwell number applied to it.

Zoning Approval: Please contact the City of Lebanon at (513) 228-3170.