- Checks over $1000 should be certified, but may be accepted at the discretion of the Title Supervisor or Clerk of Courts.
- Checks must be drawn on a bank located in the State of Ohio.
- No "starter" or "counter" checks will be accepted.
- The name on the check must match the name on the title. (Joint account checks written by the spouse, whose name may not be on the title are acceptable.
- No third party checks will be accepted for a title transaction.
- A $30 administrative fee will be charged for any checks that are subsequently dishonored or refused payment.
- Payment for all title fees and taxes, including the $30 administrative fee, will be required in cash when original payment is made by a check which is subsequently dishonored or refused payment.
Before accepting a check, our Title Clerks will also ask you for the following:
- Driver's License/Photo ID
- Correct Phone number
- Current address
You should know that we consider passing bad checks a very serious offense and we will continue to refer any unresolved cases to the Warren County Prosecuting Attorney.
Thank you for your cooperation with this policy.