A Development Permit is required for construction or development in a flood hazard area. The application shall include but not be limited to: Plans in duplicate drawn to scale showing the nature, location, dimensions and bearings, equivalent to a legal description, and elevations of the area in question; existing and proposed structures, fill, storage of materials, and drainage facilities. In addition, the following information is required:
- Elevation in relation to mean sea level of the lowest floor, including basement, of all proposed structures;
- Elevation in relation to mean sea level to which any proposed structure will be flood proofed;
- Certification by a registered professional engineer or architect that the flood proofing methods for any non-residential structure meet the flood proofing criteria in Section 5.22 (1); and,
- Description of the extent to which any watercourse will be altered or relocated as a result of proposed development. These changes shall be designed and certified by a registered professional engineer.
- The location of the 100 year flood plain in relation to the property, including the location of the floodway and the floodway fringe.
- Copies of all federal, state or local permits from which prior approval is required.
Permit Application for Construction or Development in Flood Hazard Area
Application for Variance - Flood Damage Prevention Regulations Title XXIII of the Revised Building Code of Warren County Ohio