The discharge of sump pump effluent onto a public road surface or gutter is specifically prohibited. (W.C.C. Resolution #79-104)
Sump Pumps: Is a master pump provided?YesORNo
If yes, the house sump line shall connect to it.
An inspection is made where house line ties into master line.
If no, the sump discharge from the house shall comply with one of the following methods:
- Discharge a minimum of three (3) feet from the house. Must not drain onto adjacent property.
- Discharge into a natural drainage channel.
- Discharge into the roadside drainage ditch.
- Where sidewalks are located, discharge shall be no closer than ten (10) feet from the sidewalk.
- Where a sidewalk is not required, discharge shall be no closer than ten (10) feet from the curb and gutter.
In no case shall the effluent discharge directly onto the street pavement nor adjacent property.
For discharges along county and township roads, please contact the Warren County Engineer, 105 Markey Rd., Lebanon, OH 45036
For discharge within municipalities, please contact your municipality.