The National Electrical Code was adopted August 30, 1955, to become effective September 1, 1955, to cover electrical wiring and installations in the unincorporated
areas of Warren County. Inspections and enforcement of the Code were contracted to Approved Inspection Service, Inc. of Lebanon. A Building Code including
certain sections of the Ohio Building Code was adopted for Warren County's unincorporated areas July 10, 1956. The County Building Department was formed
July 10, 1956, with the adoption of the Building Code. The Electrical Department became a part of the Warren County Building Department June 24, 1958,
when the contract was dissolved with Approved Inspection Service. The Warren County Building Department was certified by the State of Ohio to enforce
the Ohio Building Code, December 8, 1969. The Department was certified by the State to enforce the Ohio Basic Building Code, effective March 1, 1985.