Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the Warren County Family and Children First Council is to promote and support strong and stable individuals and their families as well as a safe social environment that will encourage the success and resiliency of children, families and communities.
- We believe that children are the most important assets of our community.
- We believe in the importance of focusing on our common goals of promoting resilient children and healthy families.
- We respect families and honor their participation in decision-making and setting family goals.
- We must have the courage to pursue a course of action and perseverance to complete it in spite of difficulty.
- The council believes that the honesty and respect shown to one another will permeate throughout the community.
- We value teamwork and collaboration. The council will work toward a shared planning process to encourage cohesive coordinated services.
- We value tolerance and open-mindedness. The council will be flexible and respectful of others' perspectives, conduct open and reflecting dialogue, and work together in spite of differences.
- We are committed to integrity. Our actions must flow from our basic beliefs - council members must be open and honest with one another.
- We believe that it is important to be creative in developing programs, services, and solutions to best meet the needs of children and families. IT is important to seek new ideas and be willing to take risk in implementing them.
- We believe that Family and Children First Council should provide education, support and resources that will enable communities to become self-sufficient.
- We believe that conflicts should be resolved with fairness in a calm, non-judgmental atmosphere.