Medicaid provides health care coverage to individuals and families who may not otherwise have access to health care. The Medicaid Program is designed to safeguard the health and well-being of residents, particularly children, pregnant women, elderly, and individuals with disabilities.
The following individuals may qualify for Medicaid coverage in Ohio:
- Individuals with low-income
- Pregnant women, infants, and children
- Older adults
- Individuals with disabilities
To be eligible for coverage, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or meet Medicaid citizenship requirements.
- Have or get a Social Security number.
- Be an Ohio resident.
- Meet financial requirements.
Non-U.S. citizens may be eligible for Alien Emergency Medical Assistance or Refugee Medical Assistance.
To learn more about the programs offered by Ohio Medicaid please visit:
To learn more about the services covered by Ohio Medicaid please visit:
NEED COVERAGE? APPLY FOR MEDICAID ONLINE:
For help completing an application, call the Medicaid Consumer Hotline: (800) 324-8680 or call or visit your local Department of Job and Family Services.