The Food Assistance program is designed to raise nutritional levels, to expand buying power and to safeguard the health and well-being of individuals in low-income households. A household may consist of an individual or a group of individuals who live together and usually purchase and prepare their food together.
You can use your Food Assistance Benefits to purchase most food or food products intended for human consumption.
You will receive an Ohio Direction card, which is like a debit card. Your card will come with instructions for you to create a personal identification number (PIN). Your benefits will be added to your Ohio Direction account every month. You may use your card by swiping it and entering your PIN. The amount of your purchase is automatically deducted from your account. For more information please visit http://www.ebt.acs-inc.com/ebtcard/ohebt/index.jsp
Contacting Customer Service
Call Customer Service at 1-866-386-3071 if you have a problem with your Ohio DIRECTION Card or anytime you have questions or need help with your card.
- Call customer service immediately if your Ohio DIRECTION Card is lost or stolen or if you believe someone else knows your secret PIN.
- If you forget or want to change your PIN, you must call Customer Service and follow the automated PIN selection instructions.
- If your Ohio DIRECTION Card is damaged, you must call Customer Service for a new Ohio DIRECTION Card. Customer Service deactivates your damaged card and orders a new card to be sent to you in the mail.
Immediately call Customer Service at 1-866-386-3071:
- If you believe your Ohio DIRECTION Card has been lost or stolen
- If you think someone else might have learned your secret PIN
- If you believe there was an inaccurate transaction made to your account
HOW CAN I APPLY?
You may apply for Food Assistance online by visiting http://benefits.ohio.gov, or by filling out the “Request for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance” (JFS 7200) form and submitting it to Warren County Department of Human Services either via mail, fax, or in person. You may select this application from our website and complete it, print it, and submit to our office.
- Warren County Department of Human Services
- 416 S. East Street
- Lebanon, OH 45036
Please allow 30 days for processing of all public assistance cases. Due to a large amount of applications and re-certifications most cases will take the full 30 days to process. We greatly apologize for this inconvenience.