Warren County, County Court


If you are arrested or ticketed for a criminal offense in Clearcreek, Hamilton, Harlan, Massie, Salem, Union, Washington or Wayne Townships, your case will be heard in Warren County Court. In addition, the Court handles some criminal offenses which occur in the cities of Harveysburg, Maineville, Morrow, South Lebanon, Springboro or Waynesville. Your ticket or summons will tell you where and when to appear.

Many traffic and some criminal citations (also known as tickets) are payable in the Clerk's Office and do not require a court appearance in front of the Judge. These are called "waiverable" citations. You can choose to appear before the Judge on your court date for these citations. Or, you can choose to waive your right to a hearing in court, plead guilty and pay your costs and fines for these citations in the Clerk's Office. Waiverable citations must be taken care of on or before your court date. Your court date is listed near the bottom of your citation.

For "Non-Waiverable" offenses, you are required to appear before the Judge on the court date and time listed on your citation. If you are unsure whether you need to appear before the Judge, please call the Clerk's Office at 513-695-1370.

Please be aware that if you do not pay your waiverable offense or appear before the Judge as required by your court date, your driver's license may be suspended or forfeited and a warrant may be issued for your arrest. All of these will result in additional costs to you.


If you cannot make the initial arraignment date set when you were ticketed or arrested, you may be able to reschedule by getting a continuance of your court date for up to two weeks. Please contact the Clerk's Office at 513-695-1370-prior to your scheduled court date-to inquire about your eligibility for a continuance, as certain offenses such as Operating a Vehicle Under the Influence and Driving Under Suspension cannot be continued. A maximum of one continuance is permitted. You can print the Request for Continuance Form, fill out and fax to 513-695-2990. But you will be responsible for verifying that the Clerk's Office received th request.