Warren County, County Court

Filing a Small Claims Complaint

Your first step in filing a Small Claims complaint is to submit to the Clerk's Office a Small Claims Complaint form. These are also available at the Clerk's Office. Once you have filed your complaint, the person or business you are suing (the Defendant) must receive an official copy of the complaint from the Court. This process is called "being served." An initial certified mailing service is included in the cost of filing a Small Claims. You can also choose to have your claim delivered by a Sheriff's deputy for a deposit of $30 or an outside process server. The Clerk's Office can explain more details about these service options when you file your complaint.